dinsdag 28 februari 2017

My 3 year flying adventure...

The 28th of February is the day that I moved to Dubai and today that is 3 years ago. I packed my suitcases not knowing what was ahead of me, and if you would tell me what I have done in the past 3 years on that specific day in 2014, I would not have believed you! Time flies, and in my case you can take this literally, but it's true. It doesn't feel like 3 years at all.

So many things has happend, let us take a little walk on memory lane...

From swimming with sharks in Durban, hanggliding in Rio de Janeiro, hanging out with the national hockey team in Buenos Aires, meeting Diego Maradona; Jermain Jackson; Robert Pattinson; Eric Bana, and many other interesting and intelligent people whom I will not mention here because this would be a never ending story. However, this doesn't mean I forgot about them, some random people stay in your head because of the stories they have told you and maybe even changed my life in some sort of way.

Lets move on.

Celebrated my birthday in Singapore; Malta and Barcelona. I have pet baby lions, swam with wild dolphins in Mauritius, even touched whale sharks in Cebu in the Philippines, danced nights away in Hongkong, Auckland, Singapore, New York, London, Bangkok, Shanghai, Croatia, Phi Phi Island, Austria, and of course many more nights out all over the world and especially Dubai (if anybody ever needs advice for where to go for dinner and drinks anywhere in the world, let me know).

I have climbed Machu Picchu and the Great Wall of China. Saw the northern lights in Iceland, and the milky way in Christchurch, where I taught myself to drive on the other side of the road to be able to see the sky turn pink with one of the most amazing sunrises I have ever seen in my entire life. I have witnessed numerous beautiful sunsets along my path as well. Which is just astonishing to be surrounded by nature, to appreciate it and stand still with the history about this world we live in.

Drank glasses of wine in Capetown while enjoying a big steak, had a Russian shot to keep warm in -22 degrees celsius in St. Petersburg, and had seen the Russian army on the Red Square in Moscow, and even having a little wave at the pope in Vatican City.

Today made me think about all the amazing things I have done and that there are still so many things to do, even though the list is getting smaller and smaller.

After 2 years I moved up to business class, and it's amazing to interact more with the passengers while they are drinking champagne, and I just drink a lovely and super strong ginger ale :P. I don't know how many flying hours I have at this point (and how many nights I have skipped) but the best flying trip ever I must say, has been the trip over the Niagara Falls from the Toronto side. That was one of those happy moments, actually all the things that I mention today were happy moments.

Not to forget all the trips I did to the Netherlands to see my family and friends, see my oldest brother getting married and in 6/7 months my other brother is getting married as well, I'am so excited to go dress shopping again !!!

In the past 3 years I have learnt so much about this world and especially about myself, I fell in love for the first time, and got my heart broken as well, but in life things happen the way they should, and I accept that. I'am curious what the future will bring to me, but I am sure that it will all work out, because it always does. Even just by writing this blog made me realize again how blessed I am to be able to do all of this at such a young age and I can recommend it to everybody. BUT let's not forget, the person you are today is because of the people around you, who love you, and there is no destination, celebrity, wild animal or anything in this world that can replace that. <3

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten